Green Earth Solutions Rust converter is water based metal treatment that penetrates rusted surfaces, converting the rust to an organic matrix that can be safely painted, coated, galvanised or chromed without fear of rust re-appearing beneath the coating.
Green Earth Solutions Rust converter treats rust in pipelines and storage tanks and on vehicles and equipment.
- Green Earth solutions Rust Converter is ideal for treating reinforcing steel used in construction and for protecting plates, pipes, flanges, joints and structural members before installation.
- It is widely used on farms to protect metal sheds and buildings, to treat corrugated iron roofs and irrigation equipment.
- Ideal for use anywhere you need to treat rust and paint over it.
- Reduces equipment downtime, maintenance/replacement costs
- Effective on wet and dry surfaces and in humid and damp conditions.
- Chemically combines with rust to form a tough organic matrix that bonds to metal surface, inhibiting further corrosion.
- Safe for users - does not contain any mineral acids, phosphates or solvents.
- The organic matrix formed by Green Earth Solutions Rust converter is a stable, non flammable compound.
- Metals treated with Green Earth Solutions Rust converter can be cut and welded without any hazard to the operator.
- Environmentally responsible - non hazardous and biodegradable.
- Cost effective
- Green Earth Solutions Rust Converter works exceptionally well on heavily rusted surfaces that are impractical to treat by conventional methods or inaccessible locations.
Point of Difference:
- Green Earth Solutions rust Converter is safe for users as it does not contain any mineral acids, phosphates or solvents.
- Green Earth Solutions Rust Converter is a practical alternative to shot blasting or sanding techniques as it does not strip metal surfaces.
- Remove loose rust with a wire brush and paint. Immediately before applying Green Earth Solutions Rust Converter, use a high pressure water spray to remove surface contamination including chemicals, salt, oil and grease.
- Allow any surplus water to drain
- Green Earth Solutions recommend diluting product at a maximum rate of thee parts product and one part water. However, some users report successful results diluting with equal parts.
- For best result, only dilute with clean potable water.
- Apply product using a brush, roller, spray or dip tank.
- Surfaces treated with Green Earth Solutions Rust Converter are fully converted when the surface turns blue/black - usually 12 - 24 hours after application.
- Wash treated surfaces with water and allow drying thoroughly before painting, coating or applying galvanised or chrome finishes.
- For heavily rusted surfaces use a two stage treatment:
1) Apply product diluted with an equal volume of water to the prepared surface.
2) After 30 - 60 minutes apply a second coat of undiluted product and wait 12 - 24 hours for curing.
10 - 15 m2 per litre depending on amount of rust present
Q: What happens if you do not paint or coat steel treated with Green Earth Solutions Rust Converter?
A: Rust will eventually reappear if the surface is not treated with a protective coating.
Q: Can you paint directly on to Green Earth Solutions Rust Converter without any preparation?
A: No. Take care to remove excess product as per the label directions before painting. Failure to do so may result in pepper spots appearing on the paint,
Q: How long after treating with Green Earth Solutions Rust Converter will the surface remain rust free?
A: The time taken for rust to reappear depends on environmental conditions: heat, moisture and salt will all tend to reduce the effective time before rusting recurs.
Q: Can you weld steel treated with Green Earth Solutions Rust Converter?
A: Yes. After treatment it can be welded successfully
Q: What effect does heat (eg from exhaust pipes) have?
A: Green Earth Solutions Rust Converter will convert rust when metal is cold. Excessive heat destroys the organic component of the protective film formed by the product and on cooling the rust problem can recur.
Q: Can Green Earth Solutions Rust Converter be applied under water?
A: No. But it can be applied and treated to items prior to being submerged.
Q: What is the freezing point of Green Earth Solutions Rust Converter?
A: The freezing point is approximately -15°C. And will reconstitute when thawed and stirred.
- Indefinite when stored in a cool, dry, well ventilated location away from direct sunlight.
HEALTH: SAFE | ENVIROMENT: SAFE | TRANSPORT/STORAGE: SAFE
Proudly 100% Austalian Owned and Operated
Sustainably powered premises
2% of all stanard sales donated to Carbon Neutral programs to offset greenhouse gas emissions